A team is a group of people who work together toward a common goal. Teams have defined membership (which can be either large or small) and a set of activities to take part in. People on a team collaborate on sets of related tasks that are required to achieve an objective. Each member is responsible for contributing to the team, but the group as a whole is responsible for the team’s success.
Read the questions below.
Think of synonyms.
Predict any answers
Questions 1- 4
Answer the questions with NO MORE than THREE WORDS from the reading
1) What two factors should team members have to create an effective business team?
2) What is created by the interaction of the team members' personalities?
3) What are based on Lewin's work on team dynamics?
4) What is reduced when a team has a positive dynamic?
Questions 5 - 9
Complete the summary with NO MORE than TWO WORDS from the reading
Good team leaders are able to effectively (5)______ team members together to create team magic. Team leaders can question past superiors and workmates to get (6)______ about their team member's work habits and personalities. Scrutinising (7)_________ can also be helpful in understanding team dynamics. Finally, valuable information, both (8)______ and personal can be gathered through the use of a (9)______
Questions 10 - 13
Do the following statements reflect the claims of the writer? Write:
YES if the statement agrees with the claims of the writer
NO if the statement contradicts the claims of the writer
NOT GIVEN if it is impossible to say what the writer thinks about this
10) Ashira Prossack believes that teams should always avoid disagreements.
11) In all teams, there are social loafers.
12) It is important to ensure that under-performing team members are not wrongly rewarded.
13) People working in a team take more risks than people working individually.
Now read the article about team dynamics and answer the questions.
Try and complete the 13 questions in 20 minutes
Enter your answers in the answer sheet below